They’d make any Jedi drool.
MILWAUKEE — Star Wars was ubiquitous when we were kids. Now, with the release of the new batch of movies, Star Wars is just as popular with our kids as it was with us.
In fact, it sometimes seems like we live with Jedi in disguise! Here are five reasons your child might secretly be a Jedi.
1. You seem to give in to your child’s wishes more often than you mean to, making you think you’re the victim of a Jedi mind trick.
2. When you’re searching for important missing items, it seems like your house is filled with many more plastic light sabers than things that are actually useful … like that second mitten, lunchbox or snow boot.
More: Are you one with the Force? Take our ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ quiz
More: How the women of ‘The Last Jedi’ make ‘Star Wars’ a Force
More: 13 very basic ‘Star Wars’ things to know if you’ve never seen the movies
3. In the words of Obi Wan Kenobi, your kids “always tell the truth … from a certain point of view.”
4. Your children seem to use the words of Yoda against you quite a bit. Here’s a sample conversation:
You: We’ll try our best to get a chance to go to Chuck E. Cheese during Christmas vacation.
Your little Jedi: “Do or do not. There is no try.”
5. Sometimes communication with your child feels like it’s as difficult as if you were trying to speak with someone from “a galaxy far, far away.”
Follow Amy Schwabe on Twitter: @metroparentMKE
Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2BqHU5a